This year, three winning tickets will be drawn- with the SUPER Prize winner receiving $4,300 cash or one-year free SMI tuition! Second prize is $300 and third $200. Help our school reach its goal of $30,000 and take part in this fun fundraiser!
· Each student is asked to sell 8 tickets (2 sheets) or $160 worth over the 2-month period (December 1-February 1)
· Families of 2 or more students will be asked to sell 16 tickets total (4 sheets) or $320 worth
· Please, we need 100% student participation to be successful— that means every student taking part!
· The SUPER Raffle selling period is December 1, 2018, through February 1, 2019
· You can pick up more tickets at any time by visiting the Alumni Office
· The winner will be drawn at Catholic Schools Week Family Fun Night on February 1, 2019
· Prizes will be distributed the week of February 4, 2019
* Tickets are $20 each or 1 sheet for $80
* Tickets are not valid until paid for
* Tickets must be filled out completely, including student salesperson name and payment information
* When selling a ticket: The top portion goes to the buyer; The bottom portion you collect, along with their payment
* A minimum number of tickets must be sold for drawing to take place on February 1.
* Students/Families can sell as many tickets as they like!
Q: What is the SUPER RAFFLE?
A: It’s essentially a standard raffle, however SMI will draw three winning tickets— first prize to win a choice of $4,300 cash or one-year free SMI tuition; second prize $300 cash; third prize $200 cash. First prize is taxable if taken as cash. If taken as free tuition, that is a tax-free prize.
Q: What will the money raised be used for?
A: The goal of this fundraiser is $30,000— funds to help the school keep tuition as low as possible and ensure the school is able to continue to offer financial options for those that qualify. SMI gives out more than $160,000 a year in financial aid, tuition grants, scholarship and discounts. This fundraiser is so important to allow us to continue this level of support and help make SMI affordable for all that wish to attend!
Q: How long will this fundraiser go on for?
A: The SUPER RAFFLE runs December 1, 2018 through February 1, 2019. The winner will be drawn on February 1, 2019 (if the minimum number of tickets are sold by that date).
· If the minimum number (500 tickets) is not sold by February 1, the fundraiser will continue until that number is sold.
· Pre-sales began on November 18 during the Spaghetti Dinner event.
Q: What are the odds of winning?
A: SMI will limit the number of tickets sold to 1,800.
· There are three (3) chances to win as three (3) winning tickets will be drawn– for 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize.
· First prize (SUPER Prize): $4,300 Cash or One-Year Free SMI Tuition (Cash prize is taxable; tuition prize is tax-free!)
· Second prize: $300 Cash
· Third prize: $200 Cash
· Students will receive weekly prizes for tickets and payments handed in by each Friday
· Students/Families that sell their target number of tickets will each receive a bag of Chocolate Gold Coins!
· Students that sell 16 tickets or more will receive a SUPER MONEY BAG filled with real US Currency!
· Students that sell 50 or more tickets will receive a Crossgates Mall SUPER SHOPPING SPREE ($100 to spend)!
· The Classroom(s) with the highest percentage of students that sell their target number of tickets will receive a SUPER LUNCH PARTY catered by the restaurant of their choice! (Teacher to schedule and decide details of party.)